Just landed
$100 million savings in insurance costs

Same cover, lower prices

We've reduced the cost of insurance cover for members.

On 26 May 2018, the cost of cover decreased by an average of 14% for Death cover, 6% for Total & Permanent Disablement cover and 20% for Income Protection with a 2 year benefit payment period*.

* For our largest division, the AustralianSuper Plan.

A better deal for members

Each year AustralianSuper reviews the cost of insurance to make sure members receive the best possible value.

We use our size to negotiate lower rates, while the insurer takes into account the number and type of claims made over the past years.

It all adds up to a better deal for our members.

You can see the new cost of your cover by using our insurance calculator.

We’ve still got you covered

Helping people build a confident tomorrow matters to AustralianSuper. We want all Australians to feel positive about what’s ahead.

Over the past 10 years, we’ve paid over $2.6 billion across 45,000 claims to help our members and their families.

Our commitment to you

AustralianSuper intends to adopt the Insurance in Superannuation Voluntary Code of Practice when it commences on 1 July 2018. Before 31 December 2018 we'll publish on our website our transition plan for becoming compliant with the standards of the Code. You can read more about the Code here.

Insurance through your super

learn more
Back to top