We understand that we all have different things that matter to each of us. That’s why we’re committed to make super savings for all Australians last as long as possible.
We don’t pay profits or dividends to shareholders. It all belongs to our members, people like you. We also understand that every dollar matters to you, and we’re working hard to make more money for every Australian who invests with us.
AustralianSuper can make all the difference to your super savings.
We’re one of Australia’s largest industry funds with more than 2.1 million members and more than $100 billion in member assets as at 30 June 2016.
We use our size and strength to negotiate low fees and our profits are returned to our members, not shareholders.
It’s our low fees and strong long-term investment performance that can make all the difference:
- Low fees – the lower your fees, the higher your retirement savings.
- Strong long-term investment returns – the Balanced option has credited an average return of 9.55% pa since inception (August 1985) to 30 June 2016^.
AustralianSuper is MySuper Authorised 65 714 394 898 856 and we can accept all Superannuation Guarantee contributions from employers and personal contributions from people that are self-employed. The Balanced investment option is MySuper Authorised, but you can choose from a great range of investment options to suit every type of investor.
AustralianSuper offers good long-term performance that can help you save more over the long term. Over five years, invested in a balanced investment option, AustralianSuper provided higher performance than a median retail fund, which is generally part of a bank or an insurance company.†
†SR50 Balanced (60–76) Index Fund Crediting Rate Survey August 2015, SuperRatings Pty Ltd. 20561 09/15
Options and choices
In addition to low fees and good performance, AustralianSuper offers flexibility and choice:
- A range of investment options, including individual asset class options and S&P/ASX300 shares, exchange traded funds and term deposits you select yourself
- Great value insurance to protect you and your family
- Seminars, education and communication programs
- Easy online administration
- Access to online advice and planning tools and fee-for-service financial planning
- Access to low-cost banking and health insurance. AustralianSuper members are offered discounted rates with Members Equity Bank and GMHBA health insurance.
Everyone can join
- AustralianSuper is open to everyone, so wherever you work and whatever you do, you’re welcome to join.
- We have some industry-specific products for workers in the public sector and finance industries.
- For corporate funds, our Corporate Division meets special insurance and defined benefit requirements.
- AustralianSuper is MySuper Authorised and can accept all Superannuation Guarantee contributions from employers.
We have the highest rating possible from all of these independent rating agencies and have been awarded numerous awards.
Read more about the ratings and awards.
^ In calculating historical returns for AustralianSuper, where both funds (ARF & STA) offered the equivalent option, the returns have been asset weighted across both options on a monthly basis as per industry best practice. Investment returns are not guaranteed. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns. Returns from equivalent investment options of ARF and STA are used in calculating returns for periods that begin before 1 July 2006.
* Super AppleCheck is provided by research consultant Chant West Financial Services. While AustralianSuper has paid Chant West a fee for making the service available to you, AustralianSuper has no influence over the research results and ratings and does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage caused by the service.