Taking charge of your super with Choice Income helps you control how long your savings will last in retirement.
Why Choice Income
Get the benefits of an award-winning1 account based pension – Choice Income – with Australia’s most trusted fund2.
Here’s a quick summary of how Choice Income can help you make the most of your savings in retirement:
- Stay invested and you could keep earning returns in retirement. Plus you can choose how your money is invested – or leave it up to the experts.
- Enjoy a regular income just like the pay you’re used to.
- Control how much you’re paid, and how often money is put into your account whether that’s fortnightly, monthly, or yearly3.
- Tax-free income payments and investment returns from age 60.
You can also use the income paid from your Choice Income account to top up any Government Age Pension payments you may be eligible for.
How Choice Income works
Your Choice Income account starts when you transfer your super over, and your payment and investment options are set up.
Positive investment returns add to your balance; your income payments, fees and any negative returns reduce it.
Helping your super go even further
Staying invested with AustralianSuper in retirement could help your super savings last longer.
The chart below shows the Choice Income member returns over 10 years to 31 March 2023 for the Balanced and Cash investment options. As you can see, the Balanced option has delivered members a higher return than the Cash option, despite times of market volatility such as the global financial crisis in 2008 and the pandemic downturn.
The chart shows the growth of a $50,000 balance in AustralianSuper’s Balanced for Choice Income investment option compared with the Cash investment option, over a 10-year period from 31 March 20234. This example does not include mandatory pension drawdowns.
- Balanced option: A members’ balance would have grown by $74,598, totalling $124,598 in March 2023.
- Cash option: A member’s balance would have grown by just $10,897, totalling $60,897 in March 2023.
See how Choice Income compares
AustralianSuper’s history of strong, long-term performance means we're one of the top 2 performing funds over 10 years. Our Choice Income Balanced option delivered an average return of 9.56% over 10 years to 31 March 20235.
Opening your Choice Income account
Ready. Set. Open. 10 minutes is all it takes to open your account.Join now
Important information to consider
- AustralianSuper received the Canstar Outstanding Value Award for Account Based Pension in 2022. Awards and ratings are only one factor to be taken into account when choosing a super fund. Read the full methodology
- Readers Digest Most Trusted Brands – Superannuation category winner for 11 years running 2013-2023 according to research conducted by independent research agency Catalyst Research. Ratings are only one factor to be taken into account when choosing a super fund.
- Minimum drawdown rates apply.
- AustralianSuper investment returns are based on crediting rates, which are returns less investment fees and costs and transaction costs. Returns don’t include all administration, insurance and other fees and costs that are deducted from account balances. Investment returns aren’t guaranteed. Past performance isn’t a reliable indicator of future returns. Source: AustralianSuper.
- AustralianSuper Balanced investment option compared to the SuperRatings Fund Crediting Rate Survey - SRP50 Balanced (60-76) to 31 March 23. Investment returns are not guaranteed. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns.