Privacy Collection Statement
The information we collect, and all other information provided by you at the request of AustralianSuper, our administrator or our insurers, will be used by AustralianSuper and its staff to:
- open and administer your super and insurance accounts, and keep you informed about your super and insurance and opportunities available to you as a Fund member
- ensure you’re eligible for products and services (including insurance)
- help you combine your super accounts and check if you have lost super (when you ask us to)
- provide financial education
- help improve our products and services
- undertake market research, member data analysis and direct marketing activities
- manage and resolve complaints made
- report information required by law or regulations
- perform any other appropriate related functions.
If AustralianSuper can’t collect this information from you it may be difficult to perform the activities listed above.
For non-members, AustralianSuper will use your personal information to provide you with the service or information you have requested from us.
Personal information is generally collected directly from you or through your employer, adviser, previous superannuation fund, or other representative authorised by you.
Health information is collected from you or your employer, adviser, other insurer, or other representative authorised by you and is provided to us or to our insurers. If required, we obtain independent medical reports directly from your medical practitioner(s).
AustralianSuper will only share your personal information:
- with any third party on specific matters if you have consented to the disclosure
- as required by law or regulations, by Courts/Tribunals, or Government or regulatory bodies/authorities
- with service providers/third parties that we need to deal with for the purposes described above including: our administrator, insurers, your employer, mail houses, independent consultants and market research companies, auditors, actuaries and lawyers, web hosting companies, web and application developers, online calculator providers, our Member Direct platform partners, other superannuation, pension and investment fund trustees or administrators if you transfer your investment to another fund, and other organisations for the purposes described above.
If you die while you are an AustralianSuper member, AustralianSuper may share details about your super and insurance with your dependants and legal personal representative (which means the executor or administrator of your estate) as appropriate. The information we share may include the names of your nominated beneficiaries, your account balance and any insurance amount payable.
Instances where your personal information may be accessed by an Australian service provider that sub-contracts certain services overseas, or by an overseas service provider include:
- our software development service provider, Wipro, who are based in Australia, also use an offshore development team in India for some aspects of software development services and some aspects of our website incident rectification
- to administer the Member Direct investment option. Some of these services are provided on behalf of UBS Securities Australia Limited (UBS) out of New Zealand
- where, following an interaction that you have had with us, we send you a text message or email asking to you to participate in a survey designed to help us improve the services we offer you. Your personal information, including your name, email address and phone number will be provided to our service provider to facilitate this survey. Our service provider operates out of Canada and the UK.
Where you provide us with the personal information of other individuals, such as your nominated beneficiaries, it is your responsibility to: (a) tell them that you have provided their details to AustralianSuper and (b) provide them with a copy of AustralianSuper’s Privacy Collection Statement.
- access your personal information held by AustralianSuper and change that information
- complain about a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and how AustralianSuper will deal with such a complaint.
If you need to contact us regarding personal information we hold about you, please call us on 1300 300 273 or email us at email@example.com.
AustralianSuper Pty Ltd (ABN 94 006 457 987), 130 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000
Document last updated on: 24 December 2019