Set up your account in a way that suits you
Take it easy with Smart Default
Smart Default is the easy way to set up your account. Leave the decisions to us now, but change your options later if you need to. Your payments and investment options are pre-selected, modelled and managed by a trusted team of investment experts, who specifically designed this option for Choice Income members.
* Investment returns are not guaranteed. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns.
Setting up with Smart Default means:
- you’re invested in 12% Cash and 88% Balanced investment option
- you receive at least 6% of your balance each year*
- you’ll get paid every two weeks
* A higher percentage will apply if you are over age 80.
Choose your own options
If you prefer, you also have the freedom to choose your own investment options, as well how often you receive income payments and how much those payments will be. You can set the payments as a fixed amount, or the minimum percentage of your account balance.
Choosing your own investment mix means:
- you must be paid at least once a year, or you can choose to be paid every two weeks, once a month, once every three months or twice a year, and
- you must be paid a minimum percentage of your account balance each year.
To get to know our options and how they can help you achieve your best retirement, head to our Your investment options page.