There are moments in life in which super plays its part. From getting advice about your super to planning the retirement you want the way you want. As Australia’s largest, most trusted2 super fund we’re here to help you plan for the future so you can retire with confidence.
See how AustralianSuper compares
Even in retirement, our history of strong performance has given AustralianSuper members an advantage over the long term1. And being with a top-performing fund could make a big difference to how long your retirement savings last.
The following table compares AustralianSuper’s Choice Income net benefit against the average super fund and the average retail super fund. It shows how a member’s balance would have grown over 10 years to 31 December 2022, whilst still drawing a regular retirement income.
|Starting balance||Average yearly income payment over 10 years||Investment earnings over 10 years (less fees)||Balance after 10 years|
|AustralianSuper Choice Income account Balanced option||$300,000||$23,000||$346,100||$416,500|
|All super funds (average)||$300,000||$21,000||$261,000||$350,900|
|Retail super funds (average)||$300,000||$20,200||$219,300||$317,600|
Net benefit refers to investment earnings to 31 December 2022 (less admin and investment fees and costs and transaction costs). Investment returns are not guaranteed. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns8.
Take control of your super
Keep your super invested in retirement and turn it into a regular income with a Choice Income account based pension.OPEN AN ACCOUNT
Important information to consider
- AustralianSuper Balanced investment option compared to the SuperRatings Pension Fund Crediting Rate Survey - SRP50 Balanced (60–76) Index to 31 December 2022. Investment returns are not guaranteed. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns.
- Readers Digest Most Trusted Brands – Superannuation category winner for eleven years running 2013-2023 according to research conducted by independent research agency Catalyst Research. Ratings are only one factor to be taken into account when choosing a super fund.
- Personal financial product advice is provided under the Australian Financial Services Licence held by a third party and not by AustralianSuper Pty Ltd. Some personal advice may attract a fee, which would be outlined before any work is completed and is subject to your agreement. With your approval, the fee for advice relating to your AustralianSuper account may be deducted from your AustralianSuper account subject to eligibility criteria.
- Source: Zenith CW Pty Ltd (Chant West) (ABN 20 639 121 403). Chant West Pension Fee Survey September 2022. Survey compares administration fees and costs for multi-manager growth options (61-80% growth assets) for a $250,000 balance. Other investment fees and costs also apply. Fees may change in the future which may affect the outcome of this comparison.
- AustralianSuper has a total of 3.06 million members and $274 billion in member assets as at 31 December 2022.
- Thinking Ahead Institute, Willis Towers Watson, Global top 300 pension funds, September 2022.
- AustralianSuper received the Canstar Outstanding Value Award for Superannuation in 2023, and Account Based Pension in 2022. Awards and ratings are only one factor to be taken into account when choosing a super fund canstar.com.au/star-rating-reports/superannuation/
- Comparisons modelled by SuperRatings, commissioned by AustralianSuper. The outcome shows the average difference in ‘net benefit’, a measure of past investment returns after administration, investment fees and costs and transaction costs have been taken out. The results compare the AustralianSuper Choice Income Balanced investment option and comparable pension balanced options, for historical periods to 31 December 2022. The model uses return and fee data that is submitted to SuperRatings. The model assumes: a starting age of 65 commencing 1 January 2013 and finishing on 31 December 2022; a starting balance of $300,000; and a drawdown rate of 6% p.a. Insurance premiums and other fees and costs may apply. Outcomes vary between individual funds. Figures have been rounded to the nearest $100. See Assumptions for more details about modelling calculations and assumptions. Investment returns aren’t guaranteed. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns.
- Before adding to your super, consider your financial circumstances, contribution caps that may apply, and tax issues. Salary sacrifice may affect some Government benefits and employee benefits. Consider getting financial advice before deciding what’s right for you.