AustralianSuper’s Personal Plan is designed for self-employed people, people taking a break from the workforce, those with a rollover or employment termination payment to invest or for people transferring from our Corporate Division
The Personal Plan provides all the benefits that AustralianSuper has to offer including low fees and investment expertise.
The Personal Plan may be beneficial if you’re:
- working for yourself as a sole trader or partner in a partnership
- not currently in a job and want to combine your super into one low fee account
- not currently in a job and want to start saving for retirement.
AustralianSuper is MySuper Authorised 65 714 394 898 856 and we can accept all Superannuation Guarantee contributions from employers and personal contributions from people that are self-employed. The Balanced investment option is MySuper Authorised, but you can choose from a great range of investment options to suit every type of investor.
Over five years, invested in the Balanced investment option, AustralianSuper provided higher performance than an average retail super fund*.
* SR50 Balanced Index, SuperRatings Crediting Rate Survey, December 2015. Investment returns are not guaranteed. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns.
You can also apply for insurance to suit your needs when you join and benefit from AustralianSuper’s bulk buying power. Use our insurance calculator to work out how much your insurance will cost for the amount of cover you want. Should you apply for cover, your eligibility will be assessed by the Insurer and may include the provision of health information.
- Cover that is provided 24 hours a day, 7 days week – not just when you’re at work.
- Premiums at bulk rates, which are usually less than what you’d pay as an individual.
- Hassle-free premium payments that are deducted from your super account each month.
Eligibility for insurance cover
Insurance cover is available for:
- Death - from age 15 up to 70 years
- Total & Permanent Disablement (TPD) - from age 15 up to 65 years
- Income Protection - from age 15 up to age 70 (benefit payment period of up to two years).
The maximum levels of cover available are:
|Type of insurance cover
||$30,000 per month or 85% of your salary† (whichever is lower).
† Salary is your current gross annual (before-tax) salary, excluding employer super contributions.
Use our insurance calculator to work out how much your insurance will cost for the amount of cover you want.
Read the Personal Division Product Disclosure Statement and the Insurance in your super guide.