Many Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people face challenges accessing and engaging with their super, resulting in poor retirement outcomes.
To address this, AustralianSuper worked with Australia’s largest Aboriginal media organisation the Central Australian Aboriginal Media Association (CAAMA) in 2019. Together, the team produced a seven-part series discussing the basics of superannuation and insurance as they relate to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- What is preservation?
- Can super be withdrawn early?
- What is financial hardship?
- Who is eligible for financial hardship?
- Do all super funds offer financial hardship payments?
- What is early release on compassionate grounds and who can apply?
- Where to access further information