Many Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people face challenges accessing and engaging with their super, resulting in poor retirement outcomes.
To address this, AustralianSuper worked with Australia’s largest Aboriginal media organisation the Central Australian Aboriginal Media Association (CAAMA) in 2019. Together, the team produced a seven-part series discussing the basics of superannuation and insurance as they relate to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Who receives my super when I die? And Can I nominate who receives my super?
- What should people do when someone passes away?
- Who can claim on Total and Permanent Disablement?
- Who can claim income protection?
- Where to access further information