Many indigenous Australians face challenges accessing and engaging with their super, resulting in poor retirement outcomes. To address this, AustralianSuper has worked with CAAMA (Central Australian Aboriginal Media Association), Australia’s largest Aboriginal media organisation, to produce a seven-part series, discussing the basics of superannuation and insurance as they relate to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
- Role of ASIC
- Why should people avoid having more than one super fund?
- If people have more than one fund what do they need to do about it? What things do they need to consider?
- How can listeners work out which super is best for them?
- What role do employers play in the selection of superfund?
- What should people do once they have chosen a super fund?
- Where to access further information