Many Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people Australians face challenges accessing and engaging with their super, resulting in poor retirement outcomes.To address this, AustralianSuper worked with Australia’s largest Aboriginal media organisation the Central Australian Aboriginal Media Association (CAAMA) in 2019. Together, the team produced a seven-part series discussing the basics of superannuation and insurance as they relate to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Role of ASIC
- Why should people avoid having more than one super fund?
- If people have more than one fund what do they need to do about it? What things do they need to consider?
- How can listeners work out which super is best for them?
- What role do employers play in the selection of super fund?
- What should people do once they have chosen a super fund?
- Where to access further information