Know why it’s important to choose the best in super. We've consistently delivered top, long-term performance for members, ranking in the top 2 over 7, 10 and 20 years based on the Balanced option1. It’s just one of the reasons why over 1,200 people choose AustralianSuper every day2.
Strong, long-term performance
When you’re choosing a super fund, it’s important to look at the fund’s long-term performance history and not just how it’s performing today. We're one of the top 2 performing super funds over 7, 10 and 20 years based on the Balanced option1.
Balanced investment option
Balanced option outperformed the median fund in the SuperRatings survey for super (+1.29%) and the account based pension product Choice Income (+1.38%) over 10 years to 31 December 2022.
The graph above shows how the Balanced option outperformed the median fund in the SuperRatings survey by 1.33%. When you’re looking at performance, it’s essential to look at the net benefit – this is what is left in your super after administration, investment and transaction fees and costs have been deducted.
Investing for you
Super is your money, and it’s important to invest in ways to help it grow. As Australia’s largest super fund, managing more than $274 billion with over 3 million members3, we’re ranked as one of the top 20 pension funds globally4.
Local and global reach
We use an active investment strategy aiming to deliver better returns for members. With highly skilled investment teams in Australia, London, New York and Beijing, we continually research and monitor local and global investment markets, economies, business and consumer trends, and company performance. This approach helps us identify the best potential investment opportunities and make decisions about the best time to sell.
See why we're one of the best5
See how easy it is to join
Let one of Australia's top performing funds help you save and grow your super. We’ve made the process as easy as possible.How to join
Important information to consider
- AustralianSuper Balanced investment option returns as compared to the SuperRatings Fund Crediting Rate Survey — SR50 and SRP50 Balanced (60–76) Index at 31 December 2022. Returns from equivalent investment options of the ARF and STA super funds are used for periods before 1 July 2006. Investment returns are not guaranteed. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns.
- Average new members over 12 months to 30 June 2022.
- AustralianSuper has a total of 3.06 million members and $274 billion in member assets as at 31 December 2022.
- Thinking Ahead Institute, Willis Towers Watson, Global top 300 pension funds, September 2022.
- Awards and ratings are only one factor to be taken into account when choosing a super fund.
a) Readers Digest Most Trusted Brands – Superannuation category winner for eleven years running 2013-2023 according to research conducted by leading independent research agency Catalyst Research. Read the full methodology.
b) AustralianSuper received the Canstar Outstanding Value Award for Superannuation in 2023, and Account Based Pension in 2022. Awards and ratings are only one factor to be taken into account when choosing a super fund canstar.com.au/star-rating-reports/superannuation/
c) Chant West Best Fund Investments Award 2022 winner. Read the methodology here.