How you can nominate a beneficiary
If you pass away, who your insurance payout goes to is just as important as how much it is. You can either make a binding or non-binding nomination. If you want to make a binding nomination, you'll need to fill out a Binding death nomination form.
Binding death nomination form - pdf, 147KB
Who you can nominate
Your beneficiaries can be:
- a spouse (including de facto and same-sex)
- children of any age (including adopted and stepchildren)
- interdependants (someone who lives with you and shares a close personal relationship where one or both of you provide financial and domestic support, and personal care of the other)
- other financial dependants (such as someone who relies on you financially)
- your legal personal representative (who will be the executor of your estate)
Want to know more?
To learn about insurance cover in more detail, download one of the Insurance in your super guides below.