Grow your super from your take-home pay
You can add to your super from your take-home pay. This is known as making an after-tax contribution
Get started now
- Use our contributions adviser calculator to help work out how much to contribute
- Log into your account and go to the Make a contribution page. Select the 'Extra contribution' button.
This will open the Contribution form.
- In Step 2 of the form tick the (after-tax) box that matches the type of contribution you’d like to make
- Complete the form and either submit it (for direct debit requests) or give it to your employer
Why make after-tax contributions?
Adding to your super from your after-tax salary is especially good for people who earn less than $51,021 per year (including assessable income, fringe benefits and super contributions)*.
If you add to your super from your after-tax salary, you could receive a bonus Government co‑contribution of up to $500 a year.
If you're self-employed, you can claim a tax deduction on contributions you make up to your after-tax contribution limit. For more information see Super for the self-employed.
* You should consider your debt levels before adding to your super.